Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Bag of Bags

My name is Brittany and I hoard shopping bags. It's true. I save all of them... Commissary bags, Target bags, The Lobby bags, big bags, small bags, all of them! I especially love paper bags, but those can be easily folded and tucked away in the closet. Plastic bags, however, aren't as easy to hide. I end up saving so many that they take over the laundry room. Brendon secretly steals them and takes them to the recycling bins at the grocery store. 

 So when I saw this grocery bag holder tutorial, I knew this was a project for me! It was so much fun to make because it was one of those quick sewing projects that looks just beautiful!  It's really called a grocery-bag-holder, but I like to call it my bag-of-bags. 

I made one for the kitchen.  It only took me 15 minutes to sew (and an hour to choose the fabrics).  I found the fabric in the center first and wandered around JoAnn's until I found 3 other coordinating fabrics.   I bought 1/8 of a yard of each type and had enough to make one for myself and another for my friend, Susan. 

This one's for the cats. We use the plastic grocery store bags when we are cleaning the kitty litter and so they needed their own bag-of-bags.  I told you...I keep tons of bags! At least now they have a cute home. 

4 comments:

  1. My sister. . .(smh with a smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my bag!! Plus a shout out on a blog. All my dreams have now offically come true. You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am stalking your blog. I've been going back and reading all your posts and they are fabulous and inspiring. It's funny. I just made this exact project using the same tutorial last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Brandi ~~~ I just saw you have a blog, so I'll be stalking you too :O)

    ReplyDelete