Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving--- Better late than never!

Oops, I wrote this post 3 weeks ago, but I guess I never posted it! haha 

Better late than never, right? 

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Yes, I realize that it's Christmas time 2012! The hustle and bustle of this season means that I haven't posted anything for the last month. That's all about to change! I mailed off the last box of Christmas gifts today 3 weeks ago. Our presents are wrapped and cozy under the tree {plus they've been unwrapped and are happily in use now}.  I have a little free time now, so I'll be playing catch up on my posts. {yeah, no kidding}

I decided to start with Thanksgiving!  Decorating was so easy this month. I love fall colors and we have quite a collections of items that I was able to pull out of the closet. We did add in a few new pieces.  Brendon and I found the extra large leaf at Bed Bath & Beyond {I just saw them today, January 7th, for $1}. The subway art is from Eighteen25 and the small "Give Thanks" print is from Betty Crocker Wannabe.  


My favorite new Thanksgiving decoration is Owen's handprint turkey plate! I went to a local pottery painting place to work on it while Owen was at Mother's Day Out.  It was the perfect way to get a project done. I painted everything except the feathers, left to pick up Owen, and came back to finish the feathers with his little fingerprints. Owen was only in the place for 15 minutes... max! It turned out so cute.  


These little turkeys were a fun project I found on Pinterest.


We spent Thanksgiving with our friends, the Campbells.  It was so much fun and we were so thankful to have good friends to share the day with! 


Here's Owen with his best buddies --- Bobby, Tyler and Ben. 


I just love those boys! They all look so cute in the turkey face shirts I appliquéd for them. 


Watch out, Tebow.... we've got Owen in training!  
{He's a double threat... Not only does he play football, he prays too}



He's also working on his modeling skills. 


I'm pretty sure he was thinking, "Why's everyone running?"



Susan is just plain amazing. She cooked the entire meal for all 8 of us {Seriously, the only thing I brought was the cranberry sauce and it was right out of the can!} Plus, she made little felt pilgrim hats for all the boys and M&M turkeys for each place setting. 


This thanksgiving... I'm thankful for my family, our happy little life and the Campbells! 

1 comment:

  1. Two of my favorite Air Force spouses. It's awesome to see your two families making memories together. Tonight I am at the home of some friends in NC who we used to spend a lot of time with many, many years ago at one of our first bases and that friendship has never waned. Here's to awesome friends and the staying power of Air Force bonds!
    ~Julie K

    ReplyDelete