Thursday, July 19, 2012

15 Days and Counting

The day is almost over and, in just about an hour, the countdown for B's return will be down to 2 weeks! 

Owen's been w-a-y more aware of the fact that Daddy is coming home than I expected.  

*He asks me several times a day if we are going to the airport to get Daddy. The other day he ran into his room, picked up his American flag and ran to the front door... all while cheering "Go get Daddy!" It took about 10 minutes to convince him that we were going to the commissary not the airport. 

*Everyone in a uniform is given a once over to see if they're Daddy. It doesn't matter if we're at the BX or Target, gymnastics or swim lessons... if he see's a guy in uniform his eyes get big and he stops what he's doing to double check.  There's only been one really embarrassing time that he yelled across the room to a stranger.  We were at the pool. He saw a man in uniform walk in and yelled "THAT MY DADDY!!!!" Owen was almost completely out of the pool before he realized that it wasn't Daddy. The man was very nice and must have seen the embarrassment on my face because he laughed and said, "Daddy's deployed, huh?" 

*Anytime there is a knock on the door, he gets very excited and tells me it's Daddy.

*He knows the difference between the telephone ringtone and the Skype ringtone.  The other day he came into the bathroom to tell me that Daddy was calling. I checked the phone and sure enough it was B calling on Skype! 

*The cutest one of all happened today.  I was in the kitchen washing dishes and Owen was sitting in front of the countdown chalkboard.  I heard him count from 1 to 10 (which he's been doing for a long time). Then, he kept counting "11, 12, 13, 14, 15..... {Pause}" I was proud that he counted that high and completely lost all composure when he said, "15.... {Pause} DADDY HOME!" He smiled and threw his hands up in the air like he was celebrating.  It was so sweet. I took a picture so that I could remember this day.  I like that he counted to 15 without any help, but I LOVE that he is so happy to see his daddy that he's thinking about him during the day, not just when I talk about Daddy. 

3 comments:

  1. Brittany, I am so excited for you and Owen that B will be home so soon! It's been a LONG time, I know. How exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete