Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baby #2 at 15 Weeks


Total Weight Gain: 3.5 pounds

Maternity Clothes: I'm ready to start shopping for new shirts... just need the weather to decide if it's going to be warm before I buy any! 

Sleep: Not getting much, but that's because of my 2 year old-alarm clock and not the baby. Speaking of the little alarm clock, he's been waking up at 5:30AM and standing in his doorway calling out "Brittany, Brittany I'm awake!" Apparently, when B's away Owen takes the "man of the house" role seriously... so seriously he can't call me Mom. 

Movements: Feeling lots of little butterflies. 

At the last appointment:  B's gone on a TDY to Florida this week, so Owen and I met with the doctor on Tuesday.  He was very protective of me and a total cutie! As the nurse checked my weight (or my "numbers" as Owen calls it) and blood pressure, he reached up to hold my hand and said, "you okay, Mommy" and "you're so brave". I nearly cried!  He liked talking to the doctor, and kept a safe distance from her, while she listened for the baby's heartbeat. The baby is a squirmer, but once she found the heartbeat it was 140 bpm. Is that a boy or girl according to the old wives tale? 

Food Cravings: Tootsie Rolls - I bought them for Annika and Danya {since they haven't been able to find them in Bahrain lately} but once I saw the bag I couldn't stop thinking about them. Then, I ate one... and another... and decided I'd keep a stash for myself and buy the girls a new bag!  Stealing candy from kids (hanging my head in shame)

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender TOMORROW!  Instead of dinner and a movie for Valentine's Day, we're having a 4D ultrasound and an early bird dinner with Owen. Best.Valentine.Ever!

What's your guess --- Boy or Girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment