Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Baby #2 at 21 Weeks


Total Weight Gain: 10.5 pounds

Cravings: I'll take one of everything!  I haven't actually been eating one of everything, but I have been eating lots of oranges, chicken, and cereal. I've been so hungry lately. 

Movement: The baby has been extremely active.  He likes to move the most while I'm sitting still. He's a champ at bladder-boxing and his karate kicks are getting much more powerful. 

Nesting: Does organizing the craft closet count as nesting? 


Big Brother News: Owen's been talking about the baby a lot. The other day he was looking at our ultrasound picture and said, "That's my brother." It was the first time that he claimed the baby as his own.  I think that the time we spent in Shreveport with Tristen and, his little brother, Sawyer paid off. 

Today's Ultrasound: We went for our 3rd ultrasound today.  The baby wasn't as cooperative this time, but the tech was able to get all his measurements and a cute little profile shot.  He's measuring right on track and looks great! 


Owen was a very good boy during the ultrasound, so I took him to Toys R Us (Or "The Star Store" as Owen likes to call it since the logo has a star in it) He has tons of trains at home, but still loves playing with their train table and today they had a new table set up --- Jackpot!  He played for about 15 minutes, it didn't cost me anything, and he loved the reward.  I'll take it! 


This week:  We came home from Shreveport on Friday afternoon. Owen is a great flyer and only complained that his ears hurt while we were descending. He certainly worked the crowd while on the plane and got the Friday afternoon Vegas weekenders cheering when he yelled, "WE MADE IT!" at touchdown. When we got home from the airport, he found the "super track" Brendon created for him and didn't leave the trains for the rest of the day. 


B and Owen have been making up for the time we spent apart. They cuddled up to take a nap (while I went out for a pedicure-- thank you babe!), they've shared brownies, played basketball, and toss.  It's so sweet to watch them play made up games and see the smile on Owen's face when he Daddy comes up with a silly new game.




Saturday, we created a photo backdrop... I did the math, B did the manual labor.  I'm not looking to take pictures professionally, but I wanted a place to take monthly photos of the baby. B cut wood flooring and baseboard molding to make a little photo backdrop for me.  

The cutest part of the whole project was watching Owen copy Daddy. He got out a toy toolbox and started working.  



Here's what the photo backdrop looks like. The floor and molding will stay the same and I'll just swap out fabrics for the back. 


Owen agreed to be my model. 






3 comments:

  1. Aw! I'm glad everything looks good with the baby. We miss our friends this week! The backdrop looks awesome and I'm jealous of Owen's picture-taking willingness. We go today for our maternity make-up session. Let's hope SB at least looks at the camera! I've recruited Diana to come and try to get a smile out of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I've commented on here or not, but I'm due with Baby #1 four weeks ahead of you and I've loved reading all of your goings on as a fellow prego mama. LOVE the photo background idea! I wouldn't have thought of that, but definitely want to do the monthly pictures. Glad things are going well for you and baby on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Congratulations on your baby, too. :)

      Delete