Friday, June 21, 2013

Baby #2 at 33 Weeks


I'm a day late on the blog update this week because the ETSY Shop is busy, busy, busy! Yesterday, I sat down after Owen went to bed to write this post and got 6 orders!  I'm now at a grand total of 168 orders since the shop opened at the end of April. It's been way busier than I ever expected and so much fun.  I loaded the Etsy App on my phone, so now it makes a cha-ching noise every time I get an order.  I sound like a walking cash register all day! Owen hears the cha-ching and says "That's Mommy's work!" 

Let's get started on this week's updates.... 

Weight Gain: Same.  I keep checking the scale because I feel like this belly is growing in front of my eyes, but the numbers don't move. I got really excited earlier in the week when the said I was up 24 pounds, but that must have just been a fluke because this morning I was right back to my +23.5 pound total. 

Movement: It's like a one man boxing match in my belly. Especially this week, I've felt such big movements that they sometime take my breath away.  Owen even notices them when he's cuddled up on my belly, which he now calls my pillow.  Before this week, I pretty much only felt Luke moving on my right side, which is also where I felt Owen --- must be a cozy spot.  

My doctor did another ultrasound this week, which showed that Luke is breech and explains why I haven't been feeling much on my left side... It's just his head over there.  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the drastic difference in movement leads me to believe that he has since turned. Maybe all those silly exercises I've been doing to encourage him to turn on his own have worked! We'll find out next week at my ultrasound.  If he hasn't, I'm not worried yet because he still has several more weeks to get into position. 



Cravings: Frozen Yogurt - I only get 1/2  of a cup as my evening snack, but I look forward to that treat all day long!  I've tried almost every variety in the store, but didn't realize how bad my addiction was... until I noticed that we had 4 containers in the freezer!  There are really only 2 kinds that I like - Blue Bunny's Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate and Chocolate frozen yogurt.  Brendon gets the job of eating all the others that I tasted and didn't like. He's also been running a lot lately... hmm, I might be the reason behind the extra miles he's been logging! 

B's also picked up a few extra jobs this week... like doing the dishes. It's been a hectic week and after 2 days passed that I did not unload the dishwasher and realizing that we didn't have a single clean utensil in the silverware drawer, he stepped up and did the dishes for us.  He regularly does lots of helpful things around the house, but unloading the dishwasher is his least favorite activity of all! I know I'm loved when I hear the plates clanging and silverware going into the drawer. :O) 



Nesting: The nursery is coming together and I've started working on the bedding. I ran out of dark blue fabric, bought 2 more yards -- which ended up being the wrong color, returned those and found out that the dark blue shade I've already used in the nursery is no longer available. What are the chances?!? 

Luckily, I had purchased 1.75 yards of light turquoise color off the clearance rack at JoAnn's that perfectly coordinates with the bedding and I had EXACTLY enough to make the piping and bumper ties.  I really do mean exactly enough --- There was only few strings and a 1 inch long piece left over after I carefully planned and made all the cuts. 


Celebrating Baby: We've been so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family that are excited to meet Luke and have already been showering him with gifts. This week he got a new outfit, steam cleaning bags for his bottles, a carseat headrest and a gift card. 


My friends, Brandi and Diana, from Shreveport were so sweet to coordinate a long-distance baby shower too.  I got the invite in the mail this week and it is adorable! I felt special when I read the explanation.  One of the hardest parts about moving all the time is leaving behind family and friends and not having them close by to celebrate big events or just share our daily lives with.  It's the biggest reasons that I keep up with the blog -- I want the people I love to feel like they know the day-to-day us, see Owen change every week, and know what's going on in our lives. 

 My friends, Susan and Jessica, also planned trips to come out to Vegas for the "baby shower" weekend in July. I'm so excited to see them again and can't believe it's been 3 years since they planned Owen's baby shower in Shreveport! 


Big Brother Updates:  Speaking of Owen, he's loved all our activities this week. He's a huge fan of the doctors office (just as long as they don't touch his belly!) and he got a big treat after the last appointment when we went to Kids' Club. That's an indoor playplace that he can't get enough of! They have a train--- need I say more?! 


He also got to play a new game on the computer this week, which has quickly become one of his favorite activities! 



He cooks dinner! He wanted to play with his grill and kitchen outdoors while Daddy grilled for us. 
The best news of all is that he's eating again! He went for a period of time where he only ate eggs, cheese, maybe some cereal. This week he's decided that he loves broccoli again and even ate asparagus! *I told him that asparagus is broccoli's brother and he immediately picked it up and ate it!  We're making some big progress in the food department!  


And, I took this sweet little picture of Daddy and Owen cuddling before he fell asleep. 


I also have some really great photos to share! A local photographer was advertising photo shoots at the Railroad Museum in Boulder City {for only $30} and I jumped at the chance to take him.  The pictures are adorable --- of course, he was in front of trains so he never stopped smiling! And, she snapped a great photo of the three of us there too.











2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog posts and can't wait for your shower! So happy that your Etsy shop is doing well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you are getting so many Etsy orders!! Love the train pictures!

    ReplyDelete